It’s New Year’s Eve. Most of you will be at home about now, patting your well-filled stomachs and mumbling into your cups, “Huh? Wozzat? All-Der-who, now?” If this adequately sums up your sorry existence, [and you know it does–ed.], you may wish to read on as our research department delves into matters beyond your ken… namely, what’s been “lucky” for Allder-Googlers in 2007?
Our top ten for 2007, in no particular order, would be the following:
1. Blob, not blog a perennial favourite
2. Jacob Richler Whatever happened to… dept.
JACOB: Me go be write, jus lik you, dada!
MORDECAI: Heh, heh.
JACOB: Me go be besh write in whole wurl!
3. Case Ootes There are 20 voters in Governor’s bridge who are kicking themselves whenever they hear his name
4. Jack Lakey The Toronto Star and Car Advertiser’s baddest of the bad
5. The day formerly known as St Patrick’s Will the ALLDERBLOB one day be known for driving car advertisers from the land?
6. “campbell ewald” you may not know who they are, but someone does. Someone’s looking to fix their wagon. Someone’s pushing these bow-tied boys from Detroit up the charts. Look for them around no.
170 out of 82,000 possible hits. And the first that’s not P.R. bumf about the company. Who cares? Not us. We’re just the patsy.
They’ve made ads for G.M. since 1914, and it’s only now that the corporation’s star is fading. In contrast, it’s taken them just a couple years to put U.S. President Bush’s name on toilet paper the world over.
7. Actually, as for the rest, we exaggerate. Guess we really aren’t that lucky after all.
Until next year, amigos.